Friday, January 7, 2011

Remembering Radiance

Memories are things that linger, and they are personal to everyone. I know that we encounter memories that we would rather forget, but God made us that way for a reason. I enjoy remembering the times of the past years with my wife and children, and the many great memories that we have had and will continue to have. What will you remember about your family? What will you remember about the beginning years of your marriage? I want to remember the radiant times; those bright points that make life worth living.

The bright points that sparkle like the night sky,
Things that make your heart to fly,
What dreams that you thought would never come true;
Are there standing right in front of you.

I was waiting for the love of my life,
And eventually I would ask her to be my wife.
Her radiant beauty is a light in my life,
And now I share her warmth as my wife. 

Waiting for my son to come,
Was one of those that defined our home.
My little girl, she stole my heart,
And she did it right from the start.

Remember radiance keeps the heart warm,
And finding it is not what the world would consider the norm.
For the radiance that we remember is Christ alone;
And this in love and glory is made known.

I don't want the idea that love is temporary to dominate the world, but I know from experience that it has a plot for global domination. Far greater than mortal love is the love of Jesus. Satan has tried to chill the hearts of men through deception, hate, envy, and covetousness. The unconditional love of Christ, once you know it will not disappoint and leave you feeling unloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment