Tuesday, October 26, 2010

God's Perfect Love

We always wonder why some people think that they don't deserve love, but even the worst people need love. God's love is not earned, it is given. He gave everything so that we might have everything in Him. He gave every ounce of love on that cross. We think that love can be ruined by the mistakes that we have made at one time or another. So many people in the Bible made mistakes, but did God love them any less? He loved them even more.

"My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou:
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus 'tis now."

(My Jesus, I Love Thee- William R. Featherston and Adoniram J. Gordon)

It is hard for us to love the unlovely, but that is what Jesus did for us. We are the unlovely. God's love is perfect even we are imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment